Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Never Say Never......

Well, I have given in. I said I didn't have time to have a blog. That statement is still true. I really do have a zillon other things I need to be doing right now. You may ask, What finally changed my mind? Well it was actually a talk I heard during general conference about finding the joy in our journey. I felt like the speaker was talking directly to me.

I don't like feeling that other people can do everything perfectly and always seem to have it "all together". The reality is that we all have strengths and weaknesses. For those that look like they don't have any weaknesses or challenges, just know that things are not always what they seem!

With this in mind I have tried over the years to be more open about the frustrations and challenges I face, especially as a mother. I have always wanted others to know that they aren't the only ones who feel like they can't handle all the balls they are trying to juggle. BUT, this has COST me! It is good to be open and talk to others so we can learn and grow from each other, but sometimes for me venting about challenges and frustrations leads to pessimism. This is why it is important to find a good balance.

So part of my reasoning for this blog is to re-focus on the positive. I want to find my "joyful journey".

1 comment:

The Gage Cage said...

This sounds like a great step in a good direction! I'm glad your blogging! Now I feel like we can be friends because our paths rarely cross otherwise.

You looked so good in that dress you wore to church last Sunday! You're a HOT MOM!