Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Is Barney Evil??


When Preston and Marin were little I taught them that Barney was an "icky show" and that we didn't watch "icky shows". Then with Kirsten (when she was little) I was trying every type of show and she didn't like any of them, but she would sit and watch Barney and Teletubbies. Well, I gave up on the whole "icky show" idea.
Kirsten and Emma both will watch Barney on occasion, but they prefer Dora the Explorer.
Apparently Barney was on this morning and this is what happened.......

Kirsten came up to me while I was getting ready this morning and said,
"I want to sing a song for you." I said "okay".

Here is what she sang.......

I love you, you love me. We're a happy family. With a great big hug and a kiss from me to you. Won't you say you love me too? I love you!!

If you know Kirsten at all this was a huge deal. She was being cute, loving, and smiling!! That is not usually how she is. Kirsten then started teaching the song to Emma and then to the baby doll with the microphone.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm so excited that you have a blog. Now we can see all the things going on with your family. I can't wait for some more fun posts.

Jessica said...

Okay but I draw the line at Sponge bob...when Samantha walks up at tells me her eyes are bleeding because daddy let her watch sponge bob and he happend to see it then I put that in the "icky" show catagory.

The Gage Cage said...

Kayla likes Barney too. What a cute experience with Kirsten!

Anne Marie said...

I agree with you. Those two shows are about the most painful things to watch. I'm glad something good came out of it! How fun!

Jessica said...

okay this is the part where your loving sister BEGS PLEASE more pictures and updates. It will be a littel more than 5 weeks before I get to see your smiling faces so my wonderful sister....post more!

GeorgiaBecksteads said...

I love that you have a blog! I'm excited to see your family and hear what is going on!

Grandma Honey said...

Well I would say Barney won out on this one!